Groopex Integrated Conferencing (GIC) Moodle block for WebEx – Product Page
GIC seamlessly integrates WebEx with Moodle, enabling full WebEx functionality from within the Moodle course page.
- GIC schedules a WebEx web conference using the standard Moodle Event Scheduler.
Scheduling with GIC enables:
- Scheduling by an administrator or secretary
- Using the Moodle Event Scheduler which Moodle users are already familiar with
- Assigning teacher’s host rights automatically in the WebEx web conference
- Facilitation to easily schedule an entire semester of WebEx classes
- Displaying scheduled events in the Moodle calendar, which can be exported to iCal and other calendar formats
- Automatically updating the Moodle calendar when editing, rescheduling and deleting WebEx events
- Showing the date and time of the upcoming WebEx session in the GIC block
- The ability to choose between auto-scheduling and manual scheduling. Auto-scheduling will automatically sync all the course’s events with WebEx. Manual scheduling allows you to select the events you want to sync with WebEx
- Assigning multiple teachers to the same course, while allowing them to use their own WebEx host to teach classes
- Automatic adjustment of daylight savings time changes
- GIC provides direct log-in into the WebEx session from the Moodle course page.
- Entering a session in one click
- Entering sessions directly – no need to enter any additional information
- Accessing the session via the Moodle course page - no need to send WebEx invites via email
- Automatic identification of teachers and students. Participants are logged into the WebEx session as either a host or participant accordingly
- Allowing teachers to view a class from the students’ perspective by entering classes as a student
- Automatic updating of edited or rescheduled sessions in the Moodle calendar and GIC block – no need to manually update users
- Display of Moodle names and usernames in WebEx sessions, also ensuring accurate attendance tracking and statistics
- Early entry to the web-conference for teachers in order to prepare the class. Students can enter the web-conference up to 15 minutes before the beginning of a class
- The Archive Module enables recorded WebEx sessions to be directly accessible from the corresponding course in Moodle.
The following features are available:
- Download links for recorded WebEx sessions are displayed in the archive module. Users can use the links to download WebEx recordings.
- The links in the archive module are limited to only allow streaming - not allowing users to download the recordings.
- Groopex can create an auto-downloader that can download the files off of WebEx and store them on the user’s server or on a CDN (upon special order)
- The Statistics Module (expected releasesummer 2012) enables:
- Attendance statistics to be easily accessed from the course page in Moodle
- Tracking of user information such as attendance, time of entry and time of exit
- Statistics summary to be organized by course (for multiple teachers), by teacher, or by user for all his/her courses
- Block settings
- The GIC block can be designed with CSS
- Permissions can be modified in the Moodle permission settings
- English is currently supported. Alternative languages are available upon request
- Credential security
- The WebEx credentials are encrypted and securely stored split across Moodle’s database and GIC’s local database, to prevent access to passwords.
- Teacher credentials need to be set only once
- A secretary can schedule a class without the secretary having direct access to the WebEx credentials for that teacher.